Here is my writing. I do not pretend to be a great writer or poet. I write what is on my heart.

I hope that you enjoy my posts. I hope that they touch you in one way or another. Most of all I hope that they make you think.

Verse(s) of the Week

Mal 3:10



Saturday, April 3, 2010

He has Risen and we will too!

After another wonderful Bible study I am yet again humbled. After reading Philippians 3:21 I am reminded of my mother who courageously fought cancer for many years and through it all said “May Gods will be done in my life.” I am and always will be changed by her courage and strength granted to her from her creator and her love. My mother will be sitting at the banquet table and will raise her glass high and give thanks to the God that used her in a way that moved many to Christ even unto death. Her weak fragile ravaged body has passed away, but she is made anew in Christ! He Has Risen! I will one day raise my glass to my God and drink Him in with my mother and all who have passed before me and believed. My prayer is that Christ will use me in every way, even unto death, and that I will see all of you at that table.

Happy Easter!

3 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes, Nate. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christ is risen indeed!

    I recently lost a friend after a long fight with breast cancer. As saddened as I was by the realization that her battle here on earth was not going to be "won," it was amazing to contemplate that she soon would undergo a translation to a perfection we have not yet experienced here on earth, nor can we fully comprehend. It made me realize that the sadness I was feeling was for those of us who were left behind; she was headed for a meeting with Jesus and eternity! If only we could live with that knowledge each day of our life!

    Just so you know, I used to live in Hudson and go to Faith. I remember you and Jared the most, but also your mom and dad. I came to your blog through Erin D-D's. Your posts always make me think. Thanks for taking the time to post them. I also alerted one of my former exchange students to your posts. She expresses very similar sentiments to yours in your search for the person God has for you. She too is wondering where her special someone is. She has been moved by what you have posted. (So you have a fan in Germany!)

    Love wins,
    Carole Weitner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your compliments! I remember you as well! I just hope and pray that my writing is leading people to Christ in some way. I know that He can use anything. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete