Here is my writing. I do not pretend to be a great writer or poet. I write what is on my heart.

I hope that you enjoy my posts. I hope that they touch you in one way or another. Most of all I hope that they make you think.

Verse(s) of the Week

Mal 3:10



Saturday, February 13, 2010

His Grace is Sufficient

"Then I saw in my dream that the interpreter took Christian and lead him into a place where a fire was burning next to a wall. Standing by the wall was an individual who was continually throwing water on a fire to put it out. Yet the fire just burned higher and hotter. Christian asked, 'What does this mean?'. The Interpreter answered, 'This fire is the work of grace working in the heart. He who throws water on it to extinguish it and put it out is the Devil. But, as you can see, The fire is burning higher and hotter in spite of it. You'll be shown the reason for that.' With that he took Christian to the other side of the wall. There is saw a man with a jar of oil in his hand continually and secretly pouring the oil upon the fire. Again Christian asked, 'What does this mean?' The interpreter explained. 'This is Christ who continually maintains the work already begun in the heart by applying the oil of His Grace. Because of this, the soul of His people remain full of Grace in spite of what the Devil can do. In that you saw the man standing behind the wall to keep the fire burning, that's meant to teach you that it's hard for those tempted to see how this work of Grace is continued in the soul.'"
From: the Pilgrims Progress By John Bunyan pg. 40

No comments:

Post a Comment